Friday, December 24, 2010

Disneyland!

Earlier this month Josh's brother and sister-in-law (Jake & Shannon) blessed their baby boy, Landon, in southern California. We were fortunate enough to go with Josh's parents, and we're so grateful we got to be there with them on that special day. Also... thanks to Shannon's brother-in-law (who works for Disney) we all got to go to Disneyland free!! I was so thrilled when I found out we might get to go because not only was it my first time, but it was Deacon's first time as well! It was special for Josh since he grew up going to Disneyland, and now he can take our son there. It was such a perfect day from the weather, to the rides, to the LACK OF CROWDS.

It couldn't have been a more special day, but the cherry on top was when Deacon got to see the man himself... Mickey!!!! We tried to see him earlier in the day, but the line was too long. We had given up hope, when at the very end of the night we rounded a corner on Main Street right before the Christmas tree lighting, and there he was! We were so happy to get to see him, Deacon more so than anyone. I could go on for 10 more paragraphs about how wonderful the day was, but suffice it to say it was the perfect day at Disneyland for our first trip there as a family.


Our hotel had a huge indoor pond with fish and turtles. We spent a lot of time there. Anytime Deacon saw a fish he would say "Mazing!" (Translation: Amazing) :)
There was a lot of Deacon running and Josh chasing when we first got there. He was so excited!

Landon James Speirs. Such a cutie and was so good the whole day! He even let his mom and dad ride some of the good rides with Josh. I hung out with him and Deacon since I'm due in May (we find out if it's a boy or a girl next month!).


This was inevitable.

After we rode the Dumbo ride!

The castle was beautiful decorated for Christmas...even more so at night! Wish I had a picture of that.

One of the army men from Andy's room! (Toy Story)

That's not Deacon because of course Woody showed up right as we start on the carousel. Woody is Deacon's favorite Disney character, so you can imagine how bummed I was when we didn't get a picture with him. Still, we got to see him which seemed to be enough for Deacon.

Mickey and our little family.


On the tram ride from the parking lot to the park Deacon was sure we were riding a train. Either way, he sure was excited! It was so fun to watch him!


Here was the most memorable moment of the whole trip. They're not kidding when they say, "It's the happiest place on Earth."

5 comments:

{Amanda G} said...

What a magical moment and so much fun! If Deacon gets any cuter I might loose my mind. Can we arrange a marriage for Lakyn & Deacon. How much fun would that be!!! Miss you all like CRAZY!!!

Sarah said...

Sounds like such a great trip! How fun for you guys. And congrats again on #2...you look great!

Ashley said...

OMG...I didn't know u guys were expecting!!!! Congratulations!!!!! That's so exciting! Deacon is as adorable as ever and I am sure he is excited to be a big brother!! Miss u guys!

Alex and Jane said...

I am way behind on your blog! If I had known you were going to be at Disneyland we would have met you there, we go ALL the time. And congrats on your baby! That is wonderful news!

Breea said...

I am so jealous! It looks like you had so so so much fun!