Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Rodeo

A couple weeks ago Josh and I went to the Austin Rodeo with Russ and Sarah. We were going for the Lady Antebellum concert that night, but as a side benefit we got to enjoy all the Rodeo festivities. It was so much fun! For me it was great because I have missed the N.C. State Fair tons since I've been away and this reminded me a lot of it. We did a little of everything... overpaid for fair food, overpaid for mediocre rides, and then overpaid for fried desserts. And of course we were sucked into a few overpriced fair games (which ironically are anything but fair).

Josh and I actually only ended up riding one ride. I convinced Josh to do it and as the ride got going, we quickly realized that we were maybe a little old for rides at the fair. The entire time we were hoping no parts of the ride would fly by us and no smoke started billowing. When the ride was over, we were more than happy to just go into the arena and enjoy the rodeo. Here's a few pictures...

Josh and I got a squeeze from the official Rodeo mascot. We are not actually in pain, it was just really, really sunny for the picture (as in, we were staring directly at it).

Fair fun.

The rodeo and some real cowboys.


Clownin' around.

Just before we left for the night after the Lady Antebellum concert (which by the way was awesome). We would definitely see them again.

2 comments:

Alex and Jane said...

We love the rodeo!! We go to Idaho for one every year. It looks like you are doing well.

Sarah said...

That looks like a lot of fun. And we LOVE (well, especially me) Lady Antebellum-- how fun that you got to see them in concert!