Sunday, August 29, 2010

Five Years Together

Our 5th wedding anniversary was actually last month, but I am the worst blogger ever. That's why it's just now getting blogged about. I wish I could be one of those devoted bloggers, but I'm just not. At least not yet. I'm working on it though! :) For #5 Josh and I left Deacon with Josh's sister and her husband and drove to San Antonio. They were so nice to watch him for us overnight, and it was so nice not to have to worry since we know how much Deacon loves his "Yah-Yah." We stayed at the Hilton Palacio del Rio. It was a really nice hotel, and I don't know why but I always feel so uncomfortable when I walk into really nice hotels...like I don't belong there. Maybe it's because I don't own a really nice car or that I don't keep my fingers in a french manicure 24/7 or that I don't have a nanny... like all of the women I see in really nice hotels. Still, it was fun to stay there anyway. Even though it was a really hot weekend we meandered down the Riverwalk, had a long and really delicious dinner, and took a late evening riverboat tour. The next day we did a little shopping and saw a movie. All in all it was a great anniversary and we had a blast in San An!!! Thanks again to Sarah and Russ for taking care of our little man.




The Alamo



In line for our riverboat tour

Couldn't remember the last time we went to the pool without our little one to look after...it was oh so nice for our little anniversary trip.

Happy Anniversary Babe!

4 comments:

{Amanda G} said...

Happy Anniversary to you! I can't believe that it's been 5 years. It will be 6 for us next month! I'm glad that you all had some time alone. It's well earned and Deacon was in great hands!

Alex and Jane said...

I totally know how you feel about fancy hotels. I always feel out of place. It looks like you had fun, a night away from kiddos is always fun and necessary.

Hope Staves said...

Congrats on your anniversary!

katie said...

What a fun get away!! Happy Anniversary!