Monday, November 8, 2010

A Firetruck at Chick-Fil-A!

Last month we took Deacon to Chick-Fil-A on Family Night because they had publicized the week before that they were going to have a real firetruck there! When we showed up there was no firetruck, but there were orange traffic cones in about 8 or 10 parking spaces designating the spot for the firetruck to be. We ordered dinner and ate with fingers crossed. Luckily enough when we had finished our last bite we saw it pulling in. Perfect timing. When we showed Deacon through the window he got really excited, and then he got even more excited when we asked if he wanted to go see it. We had a really great time, but not more than Deacon. He loved looking at all the switches, climbing in the driver's seat, and everything all over the outside and inside of the truck. What a great night! As always, Chick-Fil-A never lets me down.


Just as he sees the truck pulling in.


He's got a hat and badge sticker. He's official.



"Drive! Drive!" ...was all we were hearing at this point.





Josh and Deacon checking to make sure everything was secure on this firetruck.



Illusion: This fireman is not actually slapping Josh in the face (and enjoying it)... he's actually giving Deacon a high-five!


We love you Chick-Fil-A!




1 comment:

{Amanda G} said...

You all might love Chik-fil-a but I love you all! On my goodness...he's getting so big. Can he be any cuter? I miss you all and I'm so sad I can't see him everyday. I'm missing all the good stuff!