Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween 2010

This year for Halloween we dressed Deacon as Woody from Toy Story. It's the only movie he really likes to watch. I love all the Disney movies (and I personally cannot wait for him to want to watch movies like Aladdin, Robin Hood, and Fox and the Hound so I can watch them too), but for now it's Woody and Buzz all day every day. We didn't like any of the costumes you could buy, so we whipped up the best looking one we could:
  • We got a hat and sheriff's badge at party city.
  • We found a red bandana in Grandma's craft closet.
  • His yellow plaid shirt was on clearance at Target (such a lucky find).
  • I found cowhide print fabric and somehow sewed him a vest that fit (even luckier).
  • Jeans...easy.
  • Boots that were actually Josh's from when he was a kid that we had forgotten about since they are about a size 7 (which I never thought he would be) but now fit him!
  • Josh made him a gun holster and belt buckle out of some paper craft material.
  • And Aunt Sarah made him a "pull-string" out of the top of a plastic container that we sewed onto the back of his vest .
Wheww!! I think he looked pretty good after all our home-made efforts. Maybe next year we'll go to Party City and just get a Buzz outfit. :)
P.S. Josh and I actually got into our 80's costumes after a historical trip to a GoodWill where we actually found a pair of acid-wash jean shorts and Keds for me and the most 80's shirts and jean jacket you have ever seen for Josh! I mean who ever goes to GoodWill looking for something that specific and finds it?! We thought we had struck the 80's Halloween costume jackpot! Ha! Enjoy!



Before our Ward Trunk-or-Treat... so rad!

The only picture we have of him with his costume properly placed.


Following the orange electrical cord

Our dinner and games were all outside, so it was all he wanted to do once he saw the lights on inside.

We're still working on looking at the camera and smiling for pictures.



This car had alien head balloons that lit up... he was fascinated!

The cutest little cowboy and 80's guy!

And this is how we went home... with 2 suckers... one for each hand. I wish I had spent a little more time on my costume to refine it with some neon colored bangle bracelets and earrings, some serious blue eyeshadow and maybe neon shoelaces for my keds... maybe next year. Happy Fall everyone!

3 comments:

{Amanda G} said...

Leave it up to you all to make the best costume ever! He's much cuter than the real Woody! I can't believe how grown up he looks! He's so stinkin cute! I could eat him up. And only you and Josh can rock 80's clothes and not look stupid. You all are stylish in anything you put on!

Love it!

Crystal and Brad Barger said...

He looks so cute in all that get-up! I love little boys dressed as cowboys. It is fun to see how they act in their costumes and get excited about candy. Spencer loved all his candy - I'm about to throw it all away to get ready for Christmas candy. After 2 weeks of halloween candy ... I'm done!

Anonymous said...

deacon is such a cutie! and i fully appreciate your commitment to halloween.