Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Have Ourselves a Merry Little Christmas
Well, we finally got around to decorating the house for Christmas. We were beginning to feel like the Grinches on the block because we had been so busy and hadn't decorated. But, after Josh finished his exams we were finally able to go buy some decorations together. It all began when I got home one day and Josh surprised me with our very first tree, all lit up. I was under the impression that we weren't going to get one since we were so busy, but while I was working, Josh went out and got the tree and set it all up. Now that we had the tree, we wanted ornaments and all the rest of the "fun stuff," so we made a night of it. We went out and bought ornaments and a few other decorations and set them all up when we got home. Since Josh and I will not be going anywhere for Christmas this year (the first time not being with either side of the family), it felt especially nice to have the smell of a Christmas tree and the glow of the lights around the house. Here's some pictures of our brand new decorations. It's no Whoville, but we like it...
Our very first Christmas tree. Yeah, there's only one present under there so far. We're banking on Santa this year. (He is real, right?)
We didn't have an angel for the tree so I asked Josh to make one and he whipped one up out of tissue paper in about 3 minutes. I love it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
We love your tree, we love the nativity set and we love your cute little belly. Emphasis on "little". Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!
you look so cute! And I like the angel...we didn't have a tree topper this year--can josh make us one, too?
Hey its Aaron, Aaron DeHart, Aaron DeHart from the New Mexico Albuquerque Mission, The mission that Josh spent a couple months in. I'm glad to see you guys are doing good, congrats on the baby, that is very exciting.
So fun to hear from you! Congrats on the baby on the way! That is the best news ever. We have alittle less than a month to go, and we're getting so excited for our little girl. Hope you had a great Christmas.
Oh my gosh, this is like a mission reunion! So awesome!! We can't believe that you have a blog and we did not know about it. Congratulations on the baby. Baby boys are the best. If you are ever in Salt Lake be sure to see us.
P.S. It looks like that Jonas Brothers concert in Autin was fun!
P.P.S. We will get you our address if you still want it. We have been out of town, but would still love a New Year's card.
Post a Comment