The "Thanksgiving" part:
Since I had to work part of Thanksgiving this year, Josh and I decided to have our very first Thanksgiving on our own. We both got to sleep in and then woke up as Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade was on its way. We watched that until Josh went to go play football in our branch's annual "Turkey Bowl." I got the cooking started while he was gone. We just had a little 3 lb. turkey, but I felt pretty victorious as I pulled (part of) that bird out of the oven. It smelled like Thanksgiving...I love that smell. After Josh got home we got to cook together and get everything else ready. It was so fun! Josh put some Christmas music on, and we had a blast getting everything together. We even wore aprons! Of course both of them were mine :)
As we sat down to our very first (and last) Thanksgiving just the two of us, Josh offered the blessing, and we talked over dinner about the things we are grateful for. We named a lot of things but most importantly of all we're thankful for each other and our baby boy on the way. We can't wait until he gets here!

7 comments:
Aww i love the Bliss Photo.
It's so cute .
I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving alone ,next year will be adventures for your family~
We loved this most creative, artistic silhouette photo! It was fun to hear of your Thanksgiving, even though we missed you, your blog made us feel a part of it.
We are excited for our baby boy to arrive in March! Love you dearly.
hey sweet one! just stumbled upon your blog! i sent you a few messages on facebook a while ago and just wanted to see how things are going! looks like things are going fabulously... and you make a gorgeous pregnant lady =). congratulations, again! i really can't wait to catch up with you! much love!!!
Lauren, you look so cute!! I am glad you had a good thanksgiving!
Sounds like y'all had a great Thanksgiving! I'm impressed with your turkey...I've never cooked one!
Lauren and Josh. I have finally had 2 minutes (literally) to look at your blog. It is so cute and so are yall!! I love your house, your pics, and your bump LULU! Hope all is well and keep up the blog, we will try to do the same :)
Val and Josh
oh so much fun!
Post a Comment