Ok, let's rewind. First, let me start with CowParade Austin. If you've never heard of it just Google it. The CowParade is worldwide and stops each year in a different city. This year it was in Austin. Basically, artists submit designs of different cows to the CowParade committee. If someone decides to sponsor that artist, then they get a giant, life-sized cow to paint which gets placed somewhere around the city and then auctioned off for charity. Well one of Josh's designs was picked! It's a football design and it's called "The Ol' Cowskin." It was really exciting because we got to attend a fancy preview party downtown for the artists and sponsors before they were all introduced to the public (side note - the actual red leather jacket worn by Michael Jackson in Thriller was on display there as well... really cool to see! The jacket was bought by the CowParade Austin sponsor so he displayed it). Josh's cow ended up on a busy intersection in downtown Austin right across from City Hall. We are so proud of him, and think it's so cool that he got to be a part of that!
Second, our sweet little Benny boy is growing up too fast. He loves to be outside, watch Deacon do anything, loves to be held, loves to go on walks in the stroller, roll over and over, and has just started solid foods. He will smile at just about anyone, and every time he gives me one it melts my heart!
Deacon is getting bigger too. He has evolved into such a great big brother to Ben AND helper to Mom. He loves to play outside, interact with animals (from lizards to dogs), play with his cars and trains, talk to others, and read books.
I am loving staying at home with Deacon and Ben. We teach and learn so much together, and I am ever amazed that I get to raise two of the sweetest little boys in the world!
I am loving staying at home with Deacon and Ben. We teach and learn so much together, and I am ever amazed that I get to raise two of the sweetest little boys in the world!
Before
This park was the first place they put it, but it ended up somewhere else.
Proud artist and masterpiece.
This was at the warehouse they let Josh paint it in. Deacon loved going there to see Dad paint and to see all the other cows there.
Dad and Ben.
I'm so not trying to be a photographer with a crafty backdrop, that's just the blanket I let Ben play on. :)
I was sitting right there with Ben at the table on the computer, when Deacon comes and brings Ben a car, then another, and another, and another until, well you'll see.
I thought it was really sweet. Ben didn't seem to mind at all.
Playtime (sorry it's so blurry...see I'm definitely not a photographer.)
Brotherly love.
Love that face!





No comments:
Post a Comment