Saturday, May 19, 2012

Going back...way back...like last year back...

Ok, so my last post was October 2011 and since 2012 is almost halfway over, I thought I'd take some time and catch up. This way my big family can see some pictures of the boys, and see how much they've grown! First, let me just say that November of last year I started potty-training Deacon. I had so much anxiety over this! I called my sister, Tonia, who is like the Queen of potty-training boys (she has 4!) to get some tips. With her advice, along with my mom, and everyone else who would give me any pearls of wisdom, my anxiety lessened and it actually turned out to be ok. It took about 2 weeks but I can proudly say that Deacon is potty-trained!! Woohoo!


Christmas 2012


This Christmas was a memorable one since it was Ben's first. We got to see family, make a trip to Fredericksburg, and of course get a visit from Santa! I'll just get to the pictures.


 Deacon with Santa at the mall.

 Jake, Shannon and Landon came into town for Christmas, so we got to go to SeaWorld with them!

 My ever sweet Benny stayed here most of the time.

 Jake and so so cute Landon

 We all rode this little roller coaster for kids with Deacon. (Ben and Landon were waiting with Grandma and Grandpa.)

 On the Merry-Go-Round with Dad

 Big Bird and Elmo showed up! Can you tell Deacon was so excited?!

 Watching the ducks and flamingos at SeaWorld.

 Christmas morning was crazy because we had church at 9am, so we didn't open presents until we came home...hence church clothes still on and strewn about the floor. :) Deacon and many of his new Cars cars!

 Ben with a stocking treat.

 I put this picture because this is what it was like to get a picture of the boys together in front of the tree. I only wanted one...

 And this was the best one we got.

 Mommy and Ben

 It has sort of become a tradition in the Speirs Family to make a day trip to Fredericksburg, TX (which is only about an hour from our house) around the holidays. This year we went the day after Christmas. It is such a charming town because they have soooo many fun, cute little shops and restaurants and you can walk everywhere! We always eat at the Brewery and make a trip to the General Store and the candy store (of course). :) 



The boys minus Ben, he was probably in the stroller tucked in tight...it was kind of cold!


Some fun ones...

These are going to be all jumbled up, sorry!


 Family Picture November 2011

 Another milestone we reached was when Deacon finally got rid of his paci! It happened back in February. It was a rough couple of days around bedtime, but we were so proud of him!

 At the park on Thanksgiving

 We had to bring some cars along

 This is what it looks like when Daddy comes home.

 Ben thought this hat was hilarious!

 My little laundry helper :)

All done!





2 comments:

Sarah said...

loved the update! those sure are some cute boys! I love the christmas tree pics...it's amazing how hard it is...and we moms only ever want ONE! : ) also love the pic of you and ben with the hat on him. so cute!

Alex and Jane said...

I love your blog! Your family is the cutest, and your boys are growing up so big and into such handsome boys! if your ever in AZ stop and say hello!!