Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Deacon's 3rd Birthday

My little Deacon doesn't seem so little anymore since he turned 3 back in March. He has grown up so much just in the past 4 months, and not just physically! He's always been a pretty good talker, but he and I have the best conversations with the questions he asks and his imagination. And he makes me laugh every day with his funniness (yeah I just made up that word I think). His affinity for Cars has lessened a bit since March, but back then it was all the rage in our house...so of course we threw him a Cars themed 3rd birthday party!! Let me just say that I cannot take credit for any of the decorating ideas, cake, etc. It was all Grandma and Aunt Sarah. We decided to just do a family thing in Austin partly because Deacon's favorite pizza place is there that has a huge game room with bowling, games, and even a miniature fair ride! He asks to go there just about every week, and I remind him that we don't have one in San Antonio. After we all ate lunch there and played tons of games, we headed back to Grandma and Grandpa's house for cake and presents. Grandma and Aunt Sarah were kind enough to literally take care of everything for me. Deacon was a little overwhelmed at first when he saw the party room, and so was I! The decorations were incredible and I know Deacon will remember it for a long, long time. Here are some pics from the day!


 The loot!


 So excited!



 He had to line them up as soon as he opened one.


 Someone may have just asked him, "How old are you now??"


 Why my children cannot smile for the 2 seconds it takes to snap a picture I'll never know.

 The decor :)
 Happy Birthday Deacon! We love you!!

Had to add this one to show the lights. So amazing!! Thanks again Grandma and Aunt Sarah!

P.S. Thanks for the pictures Sarah!!

No comments: