Saturday, April 18, 2009

Josh's Civics Lesson

This post is not as cute as the others because there is no Deacon in it, but I (Josh) wanted to post a few pictures from today. I am really excited because today I rounded out the trifecta of meeting members of the three branches of government. Today I had the opportunity to go hear Chief Justice John Roberts of the Supreme Court speak at UofL. He was a great speaker. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell introduced him. Afterwards, I got to meet Senator McConnell (Legislative Branch) and Chief Justice Roberts (Judicial Branch). Last year, I got to meet G.W. Bush (Executive Branch) in Southern Indiana. Last year I also got to meet Justice Breyer of the Supreme Court (2 Justices down, 7 more to go). I know this was probably the most boring post ever, but it was really exciting for me at least : ) Sorry I don't have a picture with me and G.W., but it's just a really grainy video and you can't even tell it's him.

At the event

John Roberts (he actually walked right up to us because we had been asking the U.S. Marshals with him to let us meet him and I think they told him that. He wished us luck on our law school finals this next week.

Senator McConnell. Also a very nice guy.


4 comments:

Bitsy said...

You're right Josh, I'd take a picture of Deacon over a Chief Justice anyday! Haha. ....but that was pretty cool you got to meet them. You always seem to be in the right places! We love you!

Chioma said...

Wow Josh that is really cool! :)

sarahelizabeth said...

This would've maybe been even cooler if you got Justice Roberts to hold Deacon while you took the picture but that is pretty dang sweet!

jan said...

What a great experience. You go Josh so someday you can be up there and set things strait. ("The Constitution will hang by a thread and will be saved by the Priesthood")