Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day

Indulge me (Josh) for a minute... no pictures of Deacon in this post, but I had an interesting day today that I thought was post-worthy. John McCain came to the University of Louisville to speak for Veterans Day so I hung around afterward until he was leaving, hoping that I might get to meet him. I did in fact get to meet him and even got to put my arm around him. He gave a great speech honoring those who have served our country. We were all moved. Anyway, here are a couple pictures (I know, they're not Ansel Adams quality, but I did what I could).


At the event, he had all the veterans stand up and we all applauded them for their service. I got a little misty eyed, but quickly composed myself since I was surrounded by a bunch of strong army men who never cry.

Before he left, he rolled down his window to shake a couple hands. I didn't get to shake his hand then, but did get my time with him when he left his second venue on campus. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of it so these will have to do for now.


2 comments:

Sarah Brown said...

I McCain't even believe you got to meet him. That's awesome! We love you guys!

Bitsy said...

Josh, You are a "Political Figure Magnet!" Once again you've rubbed shoulders with people in the news! Who's next on your list? I challenge you to get a photo with Mitt Romney! Haha. We can't wait to see you guys, love you dearly!